Translate

Saturday 6 February 2016

BETWEEN ONCE UPON A TIME AND HAPPILY EVER AFTER (POEM).



Between once upon a time and happily ever after, my words fill the void. Yes, I am the creator; a sub-creator of the All-creator. My words create joy, ecstasy, pain, reflections and hope. I am a jack of all trades. I architect my words like an architect architects his dream house. I doctor my words to sooth like a doctor doctors a patient back to life. I engineer words to cause heightened wonder and awe like an engineer engineers a high-rise building. I preach my words to touch the depth of hearts and souls like a preacher preaches without mincing words. You can call me a chameleon because I take on many forms; I am a lover, hapless romantic, story teller, mystic, fortune teller, angel of doom, thinker and philosopher. Between once upon a time and happily ever after, I decide who lives and dies. I choose who gets to get the last laugh and my audience have little choice but to accept the fate I have tailored just like a tailor tailors the emperor's new clothes. Between once upon a time and happily ever after, I play God with my pen and in that glorious moment, my pen is mightier than any sword. Between once upon a time and happily ever after, I am not just a storyteller, a writer or poet, rather I am an analyst, a strategist and my notepad is my war room where I move my pieces at will like a puppeteer puppeteers his favourite puppet. Between once upon a time and happily ever after, I am the general and I am second to none. Some call me poet, others call me writer but in theory, I am jury, judge and punisher. I am a proud writer because the power I wield is unmatched. Between once upon a time and happily ever after, I would keep you glued to your seat and leave you wanting more and more....



 My name is Edwin Oko Lamptey. More at randomafricanghoughts.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment