Translate

Friday 24 July 2015

PRICELESS DREAMS...EPISODE ELEVEN (11)



The last thing Leticia expected to happen was for Rose to be hit by her fits when they visited Frank's house. She insisted on leaving her behind at home but Frank's persistent calls to come along with her had now turned ugly. Worse of all, the attack couldn't have chosen a better day to happen and even more worse was the fact that it chose a wrong spectator. When Leticia got to the hall, she quickly run to Rose's side and held her head still. She turned and looked at Frank in a distasteful way as if to tell him that 'I told you so, this is all your fault'. Frank's mother was shocked and rushed to go and get her first aid kit when Leticia came to watch over her sister. She returned almost immediately and started preparing to dress Rose's head wound. Leticia held Frank's mother and told her, "Mummy please wait, sometimes she has multiple occurrences so I'd rather you wait a while". "How often does this happen?" Frank's mother asked. "Once in a while, I guess it happens when she is overexcited or nervous". "Truth be told, she hasn't seen a lot of all these nice things in a house like this before so I am sure it could well be today's trigger". Soon, Rose gained consciousness  and Leticia allowed Frank's mother to dress Rose's head wound. They spent almost the whole day at Frank's house. After dinner, Frank went to drop off Leticia and Rose at home and started on his way back home. Before he got back home, he knew that definitely, his mother would have something to say about the incident that took place. Immediately he got back, he walked straight to the hall, where he knew his mother would be waiting. "I know what you want to say, but I can assure you that everything is going to be fine", Frank said as he stepped in the hall to avoid a long lecture. "What do you know, Frank?, his mother asked. "What kind of evil spirit have you taken upon yourself?" "We have spent hard-earned money and sacrificed a lot to see you through school and we won't watch you plunge yourself downhill by saddling yourself with this evil family". "I know your father won't see anything wrong with this but you are my son and I love you, so please, I see something wrong". "My intuition has never failed and you know it". "Find someone else, there are many sweet nurses in my hospital, you can pass by and do an assessment". "What will be more beautiful than a young doctor who has a pretty and smart nurse as his wife? "Think about it, my son". "I rest my case", Frank's mother added. "Mummy, that is an unfair assessment". "When you meet the entire family, you will like them and you would know that your so called priced intuition was just luck after all", Frank argued. "I want to go to bed now", Frank said and excused himself. Back at Leticia's house, she was recounting to the occupants of the house the events of the day and sought their counsel. "I am finished", she lamented. "I could see that Frank's mother was beginning to like me until the unfortunate event happened". All the people in the house shared their opinion. The 'prayer warrior' said, "Don't worry, we must embark on a three-day dry fast to loose certain things and by the third day, you will surely possess your possessions". The 'fighters' agreed on the fact that so far as Frank was bold enough to introduce her to his mother, something good was bound to come out of their relationship because according to them, the mothers are the most difficult to convince when such an introduction is made and by virtue of the fact that she had already started to like her, she was in for gold. As they shared their opinion, the 'counsellor' grabbed Leticia aside and said, "My sister, if you haven't slept with him yet, you better do before another woman does, because, if such a thing happens, you will surely be finished". Soon their small compound was deserted leaving only Leticia sitting in the middle of the house and tossing the thoughts that were shared by the people in the house. She sat in silence and began to think to herself, "Is God punishing me for betraying Frank by sleeping with Gabriel?" "What happened between us was a fatal mistake". "I am really confused about all this". "This week hasn't been good at all". Should I tell Frank about Gabriel's incident?, she asked herself. "Or should I just allow Frank to also sleep with me so that it cancels out what Gabriel did? "I honestly don't want that to happen because he might change his mind after he has taken a bite of my cherry and I can't live with myself if that should happen". "Frank deserves better, he has been really good to me and this goodness has even extended to my family members". Leticia was at her wit's end. She decided to tell Frank about Gabriel's incident so she asked Frank to meet her in her neighborhood the following evening. On the night of the meeting, Leticia and Frank took a walk in her neighborhood and Frank really enjoyed the sight of some things he felt were strange judging from his rich background. He saw houses made up of wooden planks, he saw drinking bars that could pass as refuse dumps to say the least. As they took the walk and reached an open field, Frank chanced upon a falling star and asked Leticia to make a wish, she thought for a while and said, "I want us to be together forever". Frank, who was already filled with emotions looked at her and said, "You mean more than this  world to me, Tish". " I just want you to be by my side forever and continue to be my 'hard to get lover'. "I know the pressure is great but still remain faithful like you've always been". "Just so you know, if your name was ever used in a song, that song would become my favourite song of all". Leticia didn't want to spoil the moment so she reserved her confession for a later date because Frank's words always did something to her. They shared a kiss and continued strolling. Leticia's phone beeped several times while they strolled but she ignored the beeps. Soon her phone vibrated. She let go of Frank's hand and reached for her phone. She had missed several calls from Gabriel. He had sent a message so she opened it and it read "Leticia, I can't stop thinking about you after what happened between us". "Please save me from my misery and tell me something at the office tomorrow". "Love, Gab"... "Is everything alright?" "You look shocked", Frank said as he stretched his neck to look at what was on the phone ... More soon. My name is Edwin Oko Lamptey and this is a "story about a journey RAT (RANDOM AFRICAN THOUGHT). More at randomafricanthoughts.blogspot.com
READ EPISODES ONE TO TEN @ randomafricanthoughts.blogspot.com

SPONSORS:
PLAN COMMUNICATIONS
www.plancommunication.com
HERO CLOTHING BY Jamez.
www.herocollections.com
+233271044375

TIPS FOR GUYS: Click on 'letter archives' @
http://tinyletter.com/koftaun
TIPS FOR LADIES:
A's Clothing by ADAMIKIE
Like the page on Facebook.

STILL BANGING:
#GHANA FESTIVAL BY KING YOBO. Use the link below.
http://www.hitzgh.com/load/gh_music/king_yobo_ghana_festival_prod_by_rekx_beatz/1-1-0-3141...
DANCEHALL AT IT'S BEST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment