Translate

Tuesday 28 July 2015

PRICELESS DREAMS TWELVE (12)



To avoid suspicion, Leticia gently tucked the phone back into her pocket, "It is nothing I can't handle", she said. "Is it work related?", Frank asked with a worried look on his face.  "It is something to do with a case we are involved in". "My boss wanted to find out if I had gathered all the files he needed for the next hearing". Leticia had just told another lie and she knew that she would have to keep telling lie after lie just to cover up for her previous "sin". She put her head on Frank's shoulder as they walked. "This is all your fault, Frank", she wondered to herself. "If you had not seen the falling star and gotten all emotional on me, I would have known where I stand with you because you would have known the truth", she added. They walked back to Leticia's house, Frank kissed her in the dark and bade her goodbye. As Frank got home, he heard the tap running in the kitchen and he knew it was his mother. So he went to check up on her. When he got there, he saw an unfamiliar figure; the figure had long hair which was not grey like his mother's, the figure appeared curvaceous from behind. He instantly wanted to appear nice because he liked what he was seeing. "What have you done with my mum?" Frank asked jokingly. The figure turned and responded, "She is in the hall". "I am just helping her finish the dishes", the figure said and turned revealing her identity. The figure looked more appealing from the front and there was something about the voice that kept Frank rooted to the spot and eager to hear the voice more. "Hi, I am Frank and I live here",he opened the fridge and took a sachet of water to drink. The mysterious young lady laughed and said, "I know who you are, Frank". "Your mother has told me a lot about you". My name is Rita, just so you know". I work in the same hospital with your mum". Frank took a liking for her and they chatted, more on healthcare. Soon, Frank's mother walked into the kitchen and said, "You guys look good together",as she cleared her throat to announce her presence. "Rita works with me and I asked her to help me prepare dinner because I was not feeling too well". "I didn't expect you back this early but I  am glad you two have met". Frank gave his mother a slight shoulder rub to shut her up and asked to be excused. "It was nice meeting you, Rita and thanks for helping out with our dinner". He quickly left for his room to prevent his mother from sending the wrong signals to Rita with the line of conversation ensuing. The next day, Leticia was on her way to the office and suddenly remembered the text she received from Gabriel. "Oh my God, what web am I entangling myself in? I love Frank but now, Gabriel is confusing me". "Help me, Oh God". As she said this, she entered the office, dropped her bag and headed straight for Gabriel's cubicle. As she got there, Gabriel was busy making notes from a case file he was reading. His face lit up when he saw Leticia. "The look on your face tells me that you have good news for me", Gabriel said. Leticia tried to hide the smile on her face but it was too late. "I knew it!", Gabriel yelled excitedly. "Gabby, why are you doing this?" "I have told you that I am seeing someone and the last thing I could do is to hurt his feelings". "Please let us try to remain colleagues and no more", Leticia added. "Okay", Gabriel responded and went back to writing in his notepad. Leticia was shocked at Gabriel's response and asked, "Is that all you are going to say?" "As far as I am concerned, you have made things clear to me so this conversation ends here", Gabriel responded. "What kind of person are you?" Leticia asked. "Did you just want to make love to me?". Gabriel dropped his pencil, looked up at Leticia and said, "Ever since that incident happened, it has been impossible for me to stop thinking about you in fact...", suddenly he got out of the chair and pinned Leticia to the wall and they shared a passionate kiss. "Gabby stop it", Leticia said as she struggled to push him back. "Maybe this will send you a clearer message in case you think I am going to give you up so easily". Leticia quickly run to her desk and sat there for a while not knowing what to do. She planned on putting in her resignation letter to save her relationship with Frank because she knew deep inside that she had started to develop a thing for Gabriel. After days of serious thinking, she  decided on what to do "I will date the two of them". "I don't know which of them will marry me so let me just play along but God, you know that deep down my heart, I love Frank more", she thought to herself. Unknown to her, she had started taking a liking for Gabriel more. It was probably due to the fact that they spent more time together. It is true what is said about new relationships, the chats they had were endless, they got to know each other more and talked almost all the time. Frank had started to notice that Leticia was drifting away from him but he felt it was stress that occupied her mind. She began to feel more comfortable around Gabriel than around Frank. Leticia now was not returning Frank's calls as frequently as she used to. Frank therefore decided to confront her. "You are changing, Tish". "We rarely talk these past few days". "Is anything the matter?", Frank asked. "I am fine Frank", Leticia responded. "I  just don't want to bother you so much when you are at work", Leticia said. "I have never complained, have I?", Frank asked. "I hope you are not suspecting that I am cheating on you", Leticia asked. "Far from that but I just want us to spend more time with each other". Leticia's attitude was not changing for the better, rather, she fell more in love with Gabriel. Frank felt talking to her would mean that he was nagging so he was quiet over her attitude. He lay on his bed one night and received a call. It was Rita, she had called to check up on him. "How did you get my number?", Frank asked feeling uncomfortable about how his mother was giving out his personal information without his consent. Like magic, Frank and Rita started chatting and soon, they could not go a day without hearing from each other. One day, as Frank drove back home from work, he thought to himself, "What if Leticia finds out about Rita?" "I just like her but I hope Leticia doesn't think otherwise because I love her so much". Soon, Frank and Leticia started growing apart and Leticia got alarmed so she asked Frank to take her out. On their way, Frank's phone kept ringing but he didn't answer. Soon there was a text message tone. Leticia asked to see the phone and she picked it up from the dashboard. She went into his messages and the new message read, "Frank please pick up my calls, I am worried". "Frank, how could you?, Leticia asked. "I know you are cheating on me"..... More soon. My name is Edwin Oko Lamptey and this is a "story about a journey" RAT (RANDOM AFRICAN THOUGHT). More at randomafricanthoughts.blogspot.com

READ EPISODES ONE TO ELEVEN @ randomafricanthoughts.blogspot.com

SPONSORS:
PLAN COMMUNICATIONS
www.plancommunication.com
HERO CLOTHING BY Jamez.
www.herocollections.com
+233271044375

TIPS FOR GUYS: Click on 'letter archives' @
http://tinyletter.com/koftaun
TIPS FOR LADIES:
A's Clothing by ADAMIKIE
Like the page on Facebook.

STILL BANGING:
#GHANA FESTIVAL BY KING YOBO. Use the link below.
http://www.hitzgh.com/load/gh_music/king_yobo_ghana_festival_prod_by_rekx_beatz/1-1-0-3141...
DANCEHALL AT IT'S BEST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment