Translate

Wednesday 29 July 2015

PRICELESS DREAMS THIRTEEN (13)



"What did you just say?", Frank asked. "Don't play dumb with me Frank", Leticia fired back showing him the text he had received. "I won't argue with you over this". "Rita is just a friend and I have not even for once thought of her beyond that", Frank added. "My goodness, I can't believe that you would think of me in such a way", Frank said looking somewhat disappointed. "Come off it Frank, that was the same thing you said about my roommate, Rejoice". "I still haven't forgotten about that incident", Leticia added. Frank wanted to keep his cool but Leticia would not allow him to. She kept going on and on about it. "You know what, call Rita and ask her yourself", Frank cut in. "It will make a lot of things clear". "I won't speak to any lover of yours", Leticia replied. "Frank, you know what, just take me back home". "I don't feel like going out anymore", Leticia said. "Has it gotten to this?", Frank asked. "It hasn't gotten to anything, Frank", Leticia said. Frank drove in silence and took the next U-turn and headed for Leticia's neighborhood. As they got there, Leticia got out of the car, closed the door, bent over and said, "Frank, we should take a short break for a while",  Leticia said. "I want to clear my head", Leticia added. "Tish, come on, don't do this", Frank said. "The first time you got out of this car, we had just shared a kiss that bonded us, today you get out and you want to tear us apart with your words", he added. Leticia bade him goodbye and said, "Call me". Immediately she entered the house, Leticia called Gabriel and told him all what had happened, "I can't believe Frank would do this again", she complained. "Do it again?", Gabriel asked. "Back in school, we had a similar incident", but I overlooked it, thinking it was going to serve as a lesson to him but I guess it was not to be". "After all, guys will always be guys, maybe except you; for now". "Promise me that you wont be like all guys", Leticia said. "You should know me better than this, Leticia. "I am above these kind of things", Gabriel added. Frank knew he was losing Leticia gradually so he stepped up his duties in trying to keep her. He spoke with many doctors and personally funded the travel expenses of a Cuban brain surgeon. He was fulfilling his self-made promise of helping Rose from her epileptic fits. Frank took the chance to visit Leticia's father to inform him of his intentions. "Thank you so much for your efforts", Frank, Leticia's father said. "I'd rather we left her like that, I would not want to risk finding a solution to her problem and losing her in the process". It is said that in the absence of best, good is better than worse", he added. "I understand that perfectly, sir but I have put together a team of trusted and competent doctors and they will see to it that nothing happens to Rose", Frank assured Rose's father. With little more convincing, Leticia's father agreed and signed the parental consent form to allow the operation to go on. Frank had not told Leticia of his intentions yet so he invited her out and told her about it. "I love you so much, Frank", Leticia said as Frank broke the news to her. She kissed him and hugged him tightly. "You are the best". For the first time in a while, the two of them had an incident-free night out. Frank knew he was well on his way of winning back Leticia's heart with this move. Frank went home that night and felt some satisfaction deep inside. He called Rita to talk about the incident and to make some enquiries since Rita worked in the Paediatric centre in her hospital. "Hello", Frank said as Rita answered the call. There was a long silence so Frank said a number of 'hellos' before he got a response. "Hello, Frank", Rita said. Immediately Frank heard her voice, he noticed something was wrong "Are you crying, Rita?", Frank asked. "I will be fine, don't worry about me, dear", Rita said. "Come on Rita, talk to me". "What is the matter?", Frank asked. "I feel so alone, Frank and I don't know why",Rita said. "You can talk to me about anything", Frank assured her. They spoke for hours and soon, Rita was laughing hysterically. "Before Rita ended the call, she said softly, "I love you, Frank". Frank did not know what to say but responded, "Love you bunch".
Soon, the day for Rose's operation had come, as usual, the 'prayer warrior', led the whole house in an all-night vigil to pray for a successful operation. Rose was taken into the operating room after being sedated. Halfway through the operation, many doctors were called to provide assistance, it had been established that Rose was bleeding out. It was a very intense moment because at a point, Augustus, Rose's father was hearing rumors that the doctors had lost Rose. Frank was confused. He was not allowed into the operating room. "I can't forgive myself if anything happens to this child", he wondered to himself and prayed for a miracle. After several hours, it was finally confirmed that the operation had been a success and the portion of Rose's brain that was causing the seizures had been restored. There were shouts of joy and jubilation in Leticia's house when her father phoned in to tell them of the new development. Augustus could not thank Frank and the doctors enough for saving his daughter. Rita was the first person Frank called to announce the good news to. She was very excited upon hearing the news. "I could kiss you right now", she said. Upon realizing what she said, she countered by saying, "that didn't come out right". "I totally understand, Rita", Frank said. That afternoon, Frank and Rita met after work and had a drink to celebrate the operation. "I am proud of you and all your efforts, Frank, God bless you", Rita said. "I really appreciate your time and company, Rita", Frank replied. He moved in to hug her but Rita went in and kissed him. He returned the kiss and left for Leticia's house. Upon reaching there, he was told Leticia was not at home. Her boss had given her the day off and she spent it with Gabriel in his apartment. Frank called her twice but there was no response. Frank then left for the hospital to watch over Rose while her dad went back home to change. Leticia was laying in Gabriel's bed when his phone kept vibrating from messages. Gabriel had gone to take a shower. Leticia then stretched her hand and picked up his phone. The last of six messages read, "It's been a while I heard from you, call me". The sender's number looked a bit familiar to Leticia. She quickly copied the number   to refer to it later and she placed Gabriel's phone from where she picked it. After an hour, she was dressing up to go and visit her sister at the hospital. She remembered the number she copied from Gabriel's phone and wanted to satisfy her curiosity. She planned to call the number and just listen to the voice on the other side. She dialled the number and pressed the 'send' button. She could not believe what she was seeing. Out of shock, she quickly pressed the 'reject' button several times. She had just dialled Rejoice's number....WHAT NEXT? My name is Edwin Oko Lamptey and this is PRICELESS DREAMS....Stay tuned.
More at randomafricanthoughts.blogspot.com
READ EPISODES ONE TO TWELVE @ randomafricanthoughts.blogspot.com

SPONSORS:
PLAN COMMUNICATIONS
www.plancommunication.com
HERO CLOTHING BY Jamez.
www.herocollections.com
+233271044375

TIPS FOR GUYS: Click on 'letter archives' @
http://tinyletter.com/koftaun
TIPS FOR LADIES:
A's Clothing by ADAMIKIE
Like the page on Facebook.

STILL BANGING:
#GHANA FESTIVAL BY KING YOBO. Use the link below.
http://www.hitzgh.com/load/gh_music/king_yobo_ghana_festival_prod_by_rekx_beatz/1-1-0-3141...
DANCEHALL AT IT'S BEST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment