Translate

Saturday 8 August 2015

PRICELESS DREAMS SIXTEEN (16)



The last thing Leticia expected from Rita was hostility. The text Rita sent came as a shock and had confirmed the fact that her relationship was in danger. Leticia called Frank several times but there was no answer. "What could they probably be doing by now", Leticia wondered. Though it was late, sleep was the last thing on Leticia's mind. She just wanted to find out if Frank had dropped Rita off and was on his way home. She checked his Whatsapp Last Seen time and it was around the time he left her house. Her heart missed several beats because she began hallucinating and imagining Frank and Rita making love in Rita's house. Soon, she received a call from Frank. Immediately she answered the phone, she blasted off, "Where are you?" "Why were you not answering my calls, Frank?", she added. "Tish, you know that I don't answer my phone when I am driving", Frank said. "I was the one calling so at least you could have picked up to tell me something", Leticia said. "Sorry", Frank replied. "I am home and far away from Rita, just so you know." "Good night Tish", Frank said and hang up the phone. Days passed and Leticia was engaged in a personal battle with herself to choose between Frank and Gabriel. She was more in love with Gabriel now and was willing to choose him over Frank. She was faced with opposition from Rita and she knew Frank also had divided attention. She thought to herself, "Even if I let go of Frank, there is no way in hell that he would go out with Rejoice". She knew she was now  in an almost lose-lose situation. She was facing opposition and hostility from Rejoice and Rita. "The choice is for Gabriel to make and not Rejoice". "If he decides to choose me, I don't think Rejoice's word can change anything". She then decided to break up with Frank and get more serious with Gabriel. Frank and Rita were getting more close with each passing moment. All that while, Frank never thought of falling for Rita even though the urge to do so kept getting stronger. Rita visited Frank at home one weekend and they engaged in hearty chats all day. Before she left, Frank was showing off their rock garden which looked like paradise at night with the hundreds of lights along it's path. "Frank, can't you see that I am in love with you and I want to be with you?",  Rita said. Frank was shocked but not surprised. "I didn't expect you to say that, Rita", Frank said. "I have strong feelings for you, Frank", Rita said. "You make me happy, whenever I am with you, I feel a sense of belonging and I can't stop thinking about you even if I wanted to", Rita added. "Rita, if  I told you that I didn't have any feelings for you, it would be a lie but what about Leticia?", Frank asked. "What about her?", Rita fired back. "It is not as if I am campaigning against her or something but tell me Frank, the whole of today, how many times has she called to check up on you?" "How often does she return your calls?" "When was the last time she made efforts to come and visit you?", Rita added. "Let me give you a piece of advice Frank, when a woman loves, she loves for real and won't give any excuses" "I am not asking you to choose me over her but if what I am saying is wrong, just tell me". Frank was quiet the whole time. It was probably because he tried hard to recall the last time he actually had a real conversation with Leticia. "Let's just give her some time", Frank said as he jumped to Leticia's defense. "Sometimes, I believe her work doesn't allow her to have time", he added. "So are you in any way saying that I am aimless?", Rita added. "Far from that", Frank said. Frank knew there was no possible excuse he could find to rubbish Rita's claims. He had given it a thought several times but it now became clearer. Immediately Rita left, he decided to call Leticia and sort things out. His call was waiting. "Frank, let me call you back in a bit", Leticia said immediately she answered the phone. "No, we need to talk now", Frank said. "Why are you doing this, Frank?", Leticia said. "I just said I would call you back so we talk". "I am not talking to any guy so stop being jealous and let me call you back". "I am tired of your excuses, Leticia", Frank said. "Let us just break up so I stop worrying myself over you". "I wonder if you care about me like the way I care about you". "With each passing day, it becomes clear to me that I am the only one in love in this relationship". "If you can't love me like I do you, then I don't see the point in loving at all", Frank added. "Frank, why are you saying all these things?", Leticia asked. "Can I see you tomorrow?", she added politely. "No Tish, you can't", Frank fired back". "I would not want to force you to do anything for me", Frank said. "Just stay there and lemme stay here". "It is the best thing for both of us". "I would talk to you later, enjoy your night", Frank added and hang up phone. That night, Leticia called Frank several times but he refused to answer. She also sent several messages but they were also not replied. Frank had made up his mind. He was going to get every bit of emotional attachment for Leticia out of his life. He was heartbroken and didn't want to hear anything about love or being in love. He deleted most of the love songs from his phone because they reminded him of Leticia. He gave strong word not to allow Leticia into their house or into his ward. Frank's emotional breakdown even affected Rita because he kept their conversations to the barest minimum during his relapse. Once in a while, he would pick up Leticia's call just to hear her voice and see if she was fine and that was all. Leticia was now going out with Gabriel and she soon forgot about getting Frank back. She knew with time, Rita was going to find her way into Frank's heart so she purposed in her heart to make it a bit challenging for her. Leticia sent Rejoice a message which read, "I accept your deal, Frank is all yours now". "You would have to take care of this person first, she is a hindrance". "020532####". Leticia had just sent Rita's number to Rejoice the seductive schemer. "If I can't have Frank, none of us will", she thought to herself. The baton has been passed on.... Fireworks are in the offing. My name is Edwin Oko Lamptey and this is my PRICELESS DREAMS©. More at randomafricanthoughts.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment